Happy Blogmas Day 15!
Only 10 days to go…*YAY*!
Is there much better than the smell of home baking wafting through your home? I don’t think there is! Today I am sharing with you my homemade apple pie recipe which I really hope you love!
Prepare yourself for warm, cinnamon scents, happy feelings and a sense of traditional Christmas vibes…
Homemade Apple Pie
For the filling –
- 9 braeburn apples (or any other baking alternative)
- 75g caster sugar
- 5 cloves
- 1 tbsp on cinnamon (optional)
- 2 tbsp cold water
For the pastry –
- 275g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 125g cold butter
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 tbsp of milk
- Handful of caster sugar
- Peel, remove the core and thinly slice the apples.
- Lay 1/2 the apples in the bottom of a pie/baking dish.
- Cover with most of the caster sugar and evenly place the cloves.
- Sprinkle on the cinnamon and then the remaining caster sugar.
- Lay the rest of the apple slices on top and put over the cold water.
- In a bowl, add in the flour, salt, butter and combine together into a breadcrumb like texture.
- Gradually add the water to help combine the mixture into a firm, tough dough.
- Roll out the dough big enough to cover the baking dish, then lay it over the filling.
- Trim off any excess dough and roll out and cut into any shape you desire.
- Carefully place the decorations on top and lightly press into place.
- Allow the pie to chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Then, brush over the pie with a dash of milk and sprinkle with the caster sugar.
- Create a small slit in the middle of the pie.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°c and bake the pie for 40-45 or until golden.
- If the pastry has turned golden before the filling is cooked, lightly cover the pie with foil until it has finished baking.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar if you wish, serve and enjoy!
I hope you get to enjoy a festive treat this Christmas! If there are any other recipes you’d like me to try out, let me know below!…
Love, Abby x